Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Play Practice

Today starts night time play practice for PTHS's rendition of Wizard of Oz. It's actually shaping up really well. Yesterday I finished reading my fifth Chuck Palahniuk book and since that puts me halfway through his complete bibliography I feel I should write a review of the ones I have read so far before embarking on the second half. new addition to my bulletins, Folio open Mic night 4/5/07 at Caffe Buono. talk to me if you'd like to read.

www.March20.org
www.myspace.com/saltthesky

I feel like leaving you with an excerpt from Chuck's genius

"'How would you live?' asks Mr. Whittier.
If you could not die...
Our role, when he finally told us: We were only here to
suffer and suffer,
and suffer and suffer,
and suffer and die.
to create just one ghost - fast.
to comfort old, old dying Mr. Whittier - before he died
That was his real pain.

Leaning over us, he says, 'If death meant just leaving the
stage long enough
to change costume and come back
as a new character...
Would you slow down? or speed up?
If every life is just a basketball game or a play that
begins and ends
while the players go on to new games, new
productions...
In the face of that fact how would you live?
Dangling the key between two fingers, Mr. Whittier says,
'You can stay here'
But when you die, come back
just for a moment.
To tell me. To save me. With proof of our eternal life.
to save us all,
please, tell someone.
to create real peace on earth.
let us all be-
Haunted.

-Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

READ HIS BOOKS

Christopher

No comments: