Saturday, February 10, 2007

Vietnam Memorial

Still not sure why I made this blog. I've had a lot more inspiration to write lately. maybe I post some of my shitty poetry. Yesterday we hit up the Vietnam War Memorial at PNC. It was way too cold to spend more than fifteen minutes at the memorial (I recall Brianne losing feeling in her feet). I would have like to appreciated that a little better. However we got to spend a lot of time in the Vietnam Era Education Center, the majority of which consisted of history plastered on the walls and playing through TVs. But I managed to almost completely ignore that part of, engrossing myself in the collection of letters two and from Vietnam. They ranged from beautifully poetic to borderline Illiterate but I found each one fascinating and important. One thing that especially moved was a poem entitled "The Letters" but i unfortunately cannot find it anywhere on the internet. If I come across it I'll share.

thats about it

Christopher

No comments: